Qualitative Analysis of Secondary Metabolites of the Plant Clematis Gouriana
||International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT)|
|© 2011 by IJBTT Journal|
|Volume - 1 Issue - 3
|Year of Publication : 2011|
|Authors :J.Arul Hency Sheela|
J.Arul Hency Sheela "Qualitative Analysis of Secondary Metabolites of the Plant Clematis Gouriana", International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT), V1(3):21-22 July - September 2011. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
The traditional medicine involves the use of different plant extracts or the bioactive constituents. Thistype of study provides the health application at affordable cost. Secondary metabolites are responsible for medicinal activity of plants. Hence in the present study phytochemical screening of some important medicinal plants was carried out. Qualitative phytochemical analysis of these plants confirm the presence of variousphytochemicals like Alkaloids,Flavonoids,Terpenoids,saponins,tannins,Glycosides and phenol. The results suggest that the phytochemical properties for curing various ailments and possess potential antioxidant and leads to the isolation of new and novel compounds.
1. R. H. F. Manske. The Alkaloids. Chemistry and Physiology. Volume VIII. - New York: Academic press 1965, p. 673 al
2. Cushnie TPT, Lamb AJ (2011). "Recent advances in understanding the antibacterial properties of flavonoids". International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 38 (2): 99-107.
3. Chinese Academy of Sciences. Flora republican popular isilicatef.China)- 1959
4. Grey-Wilson, Clematis: the genus. (Gen Clematis)C. 2000, 38–39. 3. Grierson, A. J. C. & D. J. Long. Flora of Bhutan including a record of plants from Sikkim. (F Bhutan) -1984
5. Hara, H. et al. 1959 An enumeration of the flowering plants of Nepal. (L Nepal) 1978–1982
6. Saldanha, C. J. & D. H. Nicolson. Flora of Hassan district. (F Hassan) 1976.
Qualitative analysis, Metabolites, Alkaloids, Terpenoids, Glycosides.