Evaluation of Non-Conventional Fertilizers on the Growth Response of Zinnia Seedlings
||International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT)|
|© 2011 by IJBTT Journal|
|Volume - 1 Issue - 3
|Year of Publication : 2011|
|Authors :G.Mathubala, Dr.T.Jayadoss|
G.Mathubala, Dr.T.Jayadoss "Evaluation of Non-Conventional Fertilizers on the Growth Response of Zinnia Seedlings", International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT), V1(3):1-15 July - September 2011. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
Plants are the precious gift given by nature to mankind. The commercial important of flowers has been realized throughout the world and today floriculture has developed into an intensive form of agriculture. Flowers and gardens have for long been important in India , for three main considerations namely aesthetic , Economic and Social. Zinnia has many types depending mainly on the shape and size of flower , plant height and cultivars in each type varying in flower colour. India is endowed with natural wealth of plant materials, which are of great horticultural and floricultural importantand significance. Maintaining adequate quantities of nutrients in soil or growing media is important .Nitrogen , Phosphorous and Potash are required in relatively large amount while most other nutrients are needed in only in small amounts.
1. Armitage A.M. and Tsujita, M.J. (1979) Canadian J.Plant Sci., 59:343-50.
2. Bose, T.K. and Yadav, L.P (1989) Commercial Flower Department of Horticulture, Naya prokash, Calcutta – 837 840.
3. Devine, D.E (1984), Inheritance of soybean nodulation response with a fast growing strain of rhizobioum. J Hered 75:354-361.
4. Dhuria, H.S. and Shukla, V.S (1973) foliar application of urea on tomato Indian J. Hort. 30:425-427.
5. Doweners, J.D. (1966). N Fertilizers retard maturity but increase yields. Bot. Z.51:1303-1308 (Hort.Abstr.37:3131).
6. Durai singh, R and gopal swamy, N(1991). Effects plants of geometry and levels of N and P on productivity of soybean. Ind. J.Agron. 36:545-548.
7. Garrison, S.A., Taylor, G.A and Drinkwater, W.O(1967a). The influence of Nutrition on flowering and yield of processing tomatoes. Proc. Soc. Hort. Sci. 91:534-543.
8. Gaur.A (1984), In:Phosphorus research and agricultural production in India. Ed. Tandon, H.L.S Fertilizer Development and consultation organization. New Delhi, 60-61.
9. Govindan, P.R. (1952), Influence of Zn on tomato fruits. Curr. Sci. 21:15-16.
10. Hapler, J.R. (1922). The effect of phosphoric acid on maturity in tomatoes. Proc. Am. Soc. HORT. Sci. 19:250-255.
11. Harderson, Gand Zapter, F(1988). Dinitrogen fixation measurements in Alfalfa-Ryegrass swards using N-15 and influence of the ref., crop. Crop Sci. 28:101-105.
12. Jones, L.G and Warren, G.F (1954). The efficiency of various methods of application of phosphorus for tomatoes. Proc. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci. 63:309-319.
13. Kraus, E.J, and Kraybill, H.R (1918). Vegetation reproduction with special reference to the tomato Ore. Agric. Exp. Stn. Bull. 149:1-90.
14. Kuksal, R.P., Singh, R.D. and Yadav, J.P. (1977). Effect of different levels of N and P of fruit and seed yield of tomato variety. Prog. Hort. 9:13-20.
15. Mack, W.B. (1937). Some affects of N fetilisation on greenhouse tomatoes. Proc. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci. 35:661-667.
16. Mariswamy gowda, S.M. and Srikanth, K (2000). Evaluation of sulphur nutrition of soybean in an alfisol under continuous cropping. Mysore J. Agric. Sci. 35:145-150. Bot. Z. 51:1303-1308 (Hort. Abstr. 37:3131).
17. Pasibok, T.A and Aleekseera, N.V (1965). The effect of Zn on the absorption and utlisation of P by plants. Fiziol. Rast, 12:591-596. Bibl. 29.
18. Pill, W.G., and Hinckly, T.M (1987). Effects of nitrogen form and level on ion concentrations, water stress and blossom-end rot incidents in tomato. J.Am. Soc. Hort. Sci. 102:265-268.
19. Uljee, A.H. (1964). Ammonium nitrogen accumulation and root injury to tomato plants, N.Z.J. Agric. Res. 7:343-356.
20. Dr. Vishnu swarup (1967). In:leaf curl viral disease Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
21. West C.P., and W.F. Wedin (1985) Dinitrogen fixation in alfalfa orchardgrass pastures. Agron. J. 77:89-44.
22. Wilcox, A.H. (1967). Effects of P fertilization by ammonium supplied fertilizers. J.Am. Soc. Hort. Sci. 92:148-156.
23. Winsor, G.W (1962) ,Grower-58:528-9.
Commercial, intense, shape, consideration, natural, materials, nutrient, economic, horticultural.