A theoritical study of internal pressure and free volume for single molecule of a sample liquid
||International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT)|
|© 2011 by IJBTT Journal|
|Volume - 1 Issue - 2
|Year of Publication : 2011|
|Authors :D.Prakash and Dr. A.Mukunthan|
D.Prakash and Dr. A.Mukunthan "A theoritical study of internal pressure and free volume for single molecule of a sample liquid", International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT), V1(2):1-8 April - June 2011. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
In the current research work a sample liquid is taken and attempt has been made for it to drive expressions for internal pressure and mean free volume occupied per molecules which depend up on the packing of molecules. Thermodynamical parameters like entropy, volume and temperature liquid property like viscosity are considered for deriving the expression of internal pressure. For the expression of free volume per molecule liquid properties like viscosity and the formula given by C.S.Suryanarayana &et.al are used.
1. Newton, R.F. & Eyring H., Trans.Faraday.Soc.33-73(1937 V,4,111-119(1977)
2. Leonard – Jones, J.E.: Proc. Roy.Soc.A.106, 463 (1924)
3. Rice. O.K., J. Chem. Phys., 5 353 (1937).
4. Frank, S.H., Barker, J.A. J.Chem. Phy., 13 473, 493 (1945).
5. Frank, S.H. & Evans, M.W., J. Chem. Phy., 13 507 (1945).
6. Hirschfelder J.E.,Stevenson, D.P.&Eyring: J.Chem.Phy.5, 901(1937)
7. Batschinski A.J.Z Phy Chem. (Germany), 84,643 (1913)
8. Mccleod D.B., Trans Faraday SOC (GB) 41,771 (1945)
9. Hildebrand JH, Science (USA), 174 490 (1971).
10. Hidlebrand Jh & Lamereaus Rh. Proc Natl Acad Sci (USA) 69, 3428 (1972)
11. Gurney, R.W.: Introduction to Statistical mechanics, Chap.7, McGraw Hill (1949).
12. Gurney, R.W.: Ionic process in solution, chap.3 McGraw Mill (1953).
13. Wood, Scott, E., Brusic.: J.Am. Chem.Sec. 65, 1891 (1943).
14. Bingham, E.C. Fluidity and Plasticity, McGraw Hill, (1922).
15.Suryanarayana, C.V. Kuppusamy, J.J ACoust SOC. Ind.9 759 (1976).
The free volume plays an important role in the propagation of ultrasonic waves in liquid.