Production and Application of Mosquito Toxin from - Andrographis paniculata ((Burm.f.) Wall. ex Nees)) and Acorus calamus ((L., 1753))
||International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT)|
|© 2015 by IJBTT Journal|
|Volume - 5 Issue - 2
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : N.Anbalahan|
N.Anbalahan "Production and Application of Mosquito Toxin from - Andrographis paniculata ((Burm.f.) Wall. ex Nees)) and Acorus calamus ((L., 1753))", International Journal of Biotech Trends and Technology (IJBTT), V5(2):25-30 Apr - Jun 2015, Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
In this present study the mosquito larvae is controlled by bioactive compound from the selected plant Andrographis paniculata and Acorus calamus. Although this plant is reported for its ethno botanical uses and clinical uses, and there was no study is so far reported for its mosquito larvicidal activity. Hence, this work is attempted to verify the mosquito Larvicidal efficiency of bioactive compound from Andrographis paniculata and Acorus calamus.
1. Jahn, G. C., Hall, D. W. & Zam, S. G. (1986). "A comparison of the life cycles of two Amblyospora (Microspora: Amblyosporidae) in the mosquitoes Culex salinarius and Culex tarsalis Coquillett". Journal of the Florida Anti-Mosquito Association 57: 24–27.
2. Kale, H. W., II. (1968). "The relationship of purple martins to mosquito control" (PDF). The Auk 85 (4): 654–661.
3. Cáceres, DD; Hancke, JL; Burgos, RA; Sandberg, F; Wikman, GK (1999). "Use of visual analogue scale measurements (VAS) to assess the effectiveness of standardized Andrographis paniculata extract SHA-10 in reducing the symptoms of common cold. A randomized double blind-placebo study". Phytomedicine Vol 6 (4), pp: 217–23.
4. Govindarajan, Marimuthu; Sivakumar, Rajamohan (2011). "Adulticidal and repellent properties of indigenous plant extracts against Culex quinquefasciatus and Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae)". Parasitology Research Vol 110 (5), pp: 1607–20.
5. Sheeja, K; Shihab, PK; Kuttan, G (2006). "Antioxidant and antiinflammatory activities of the plant Andrographis paniculata Nees". Immunopharmacology and immunotoxicology Vol 28 (1), pp: 129–40.
6. Harborne Jb, (1998). Phytochemical methods: a guide to modern techniques of plant analysis, London: chapman & Hall. ISBN: 0- 412-57270-2, pp:302.
7. Reddy PJ, Krishna D, Murthy US, Jamil K., (1992) A microcomputer FORTRAN program for rapid determination of lethal concentration of biocides in mosquito control. CABIOS Vol. 8, pp : 209-13.
Andrographis paniculata , Acorus calamus and Larvicidal activity.